Please read the following rules before submitting your work.
- AltFF accepts narrative, documentary, animation and experimental films.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- All films must be in English or have English subtitles.
- No limit on number of submissions or production date.
- All films must have an online screener.
- We will not be posting your films on our site, only a trailer (if available) for winning films.
- Filmmakers retain the rights to their films.
- Filmmakers are responsible for acquiring copyrights, licenses and releases for media used in their films.
- Submission categories are as follows:
Feature Films (40 minutes and over)
Short Films (5 to 40 minutes)
Super Short Films (1 to 5 minutes)
Posters (your film posters can be entered here)
- Each category (feature, short and super short) will have the following awards:
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD (voted by live screening audience)
- There will be one BEST FILM Quarterly Winner (March, June, September, December)
- The four Best Film Quarterly Winners will compete for BEST FILM of the YEAR; the winner will receive a commemorative plaque in December
- By submitting their film, filmmakers gives ALTFF the right to post their posters, trailers,website and social media links on our website.